LOVE LETTER TO BOX BRAIDS
Beauty July 23, 2018
5 reasons why I love Box braids
- I Woke up Like This: I quite literally cut my getting ready time in half when I have braids. I spray them with braid spray or water/oil mix and I’m out the door. every now and then I get fancy and try and updo, but even that never takes more than 5-8mins. Effortless
- Grow my hair: when done right, especially if you go for the slightly bigger size box braids, this style has true potential for being a protective style. Due to limited manipulation, I often get quite . bit of hair growth during the 4- 6 week period I have them in. I learned the hard way never to go beyond 6 weeks. I also have learned the hard way to watch out for my edges. Gel and pulling it back always seems like a good idea, that is, until you see the aftermath.
- Added warmth: I hardly ever get box braids during the hottest summer month. It’s usually my springtime or winter time hair do. For those cold days, even if I forego a scarf, I can rest assured that I have something to keep the cold air out.
- Change is Good: I feel sometimes like an entirely new person, especially the first few days/weeks, when every one is seeing the hair do for the first time and all the gushing has me blushing.
- Flex/Versatility: Long Box braids are so much more flex than other braid options. You can create a bun, leave it down, re-braid it and several other styles with scarfs, scrunchies etc.